The Health and Wellness Initiative:
The Nutrition Work Group is focused on promoting and supporting creative and sustained efforts to encourage healthy eating.
- The Massachusetts Nutritional Standards have been implemented in each of the agency’s group living environments.
- UMass Extension has provided onsite cooking and nutrition classes.
- In collaboration with Community Harvest in Grafton, The Bridge had 16 gardens planted at Bridge program sites last year.
- Through a grant provided by St. Vincent’s Hospital, a registered dietician provided specialized services and menu planning for programs and individuals with complex medical needs.
- The group has worked to design and distribute healthy cooking cookbooks and held annual “Iron-Chef Competitions”.
- For more information, contact Peter Quinn