The Health and Wellness Initiative:
The Physical Activities workgroup is focused on efforts to encourage people to become and/or remain more physically active. The goal is to identify activities that are appealing, fun and effective at increasing activity levels.
- Programs are encouraged to obtain and utilize gym memberships.
- Pedometers, water bottles, workout clothing and sneakers have been distributed to individuals served by The Bridge.
- Many programs have formed walking groups and some participated in the Walk Across America.
- The Physical Activities Committee has organized agency-wide events such as kickball tournaments, Halloweenpalooza, Wii tournaments, basketball tournaments, walking trips to Boston and other activities.
- For more information, contact email@example.com